Retirement planning is about more than just financial readiness. It is also an opportunity to evaluate retirement readiness and plan a rewarding balance of work and leisure. Our transition to retirement program helps your employees prepare for this challenging transition, whether it is the end of their professional careers, a career adaptation or new role. With our support, your retirees will depart with confidence to enjoy a satisfying lifestyle.
The benefits of retirement planning
Retirement need not be an on/off switch in terms of a person’s career. For many people, it is more about seeking work and lifestyle balance rather than giving up on employment completely.
Glide Outplacement’s transition to retirement program delivers practical support to identify and overcome obstacles that may be preventing people from choosing retirement. We offer emotional support to reduce anxiety about organisational changes and early retirement. We also provide useful retirement planning strategies to make a successful and comfortable transition.
Retirement planning also benefits organisations. It:
- Encourages the planned transition of an ageing workforce and ensures intellectual and industry knowledge can be retained.
- Paves the way for individuals to progress into roles that have been held by departing employees, as part of a succession planning strategy.
- Cultivates the goodwill of retirees, other employees and the community by showing your concern for departing workers.
Transition to retirement program details
The program can be delivered through one-to-one coaching or as part of a half or full day workshop.
We focus on:
- Retirement readiness evaluation.
- Managing the transition – myths, misinformation and attitudes about retirement.
- Career planning – second careers, entrepreneurial work, consulting, part-time work and volunteer work.
- Financial planning.
- Relationships – changes in relating to spouse, children and friends; and self-image issues.
- Use of time – rebalancing household, leisure and work-related activities.
Our consultants work with each individual to develop a retirement plan that aligns with their needs, goals and priorities for the future. Practical exercises, assessment tools and targeted analysis guide participants through a range of considerations and planning steps.
The program can be offered as a standalone service to assist older employees wanting to transition from full time employment. It can also be provided as an alternative to outplacement services in the event of redundancy or job loss.
Contact Glide Outplacement to design a transition to retirement program suitable to your organisation.