Our Brisbane career counselling and career coaching service is designed to help you look for a new direction, find your next role, launch a career change, start a business or get promoted.
We can support you to achieve your employment goals, with our best practice advice and practical tools. Together, we can give you the confidence to find a path that is right for you.
From exploring your current options to preparing for a promotion, our career coaches can help you identify your employment goal and help make it a reality.
Whether you’re a graduate who wants to start working, or you’ve been employed for a few years and want to improve your current job or make a complete change, coaching can give you the support and guidance to find your ideal role, better manage your current role or make a complete change.
Fulfil your potential with our Brisbane career coaches
Our expert career consultants draw on extensive experience in their field and in-depth knowledge of the latest Australian employment and job market trends. We have partnered with corporate and private clients from a wide range of industries in Queensland to successfully make change possible. We can help you do the same!
We work with people at all stages of their career including:
- Students wanting advice on work and education options
- University graduates who want advice on how to secure their first role and don’t know where to begin
- People wanting to progress in their profession and fulfil their potential
- People wanting to change careers but aren’t sure what to do next
- Job seekers who have been unsuccessfully applying for jobs and are looking for help to secure their next role
- Mums and dads who want a change following maternity/paternity leave
- People who have recently lost their job and have lost confidence in how to ‘market’ themselves
- Mature workers considering retirement
- People exploring different avenues such as self-employment and consultancy options.
Whatever your career coaching need, we have the expert coach to fulfil it. Why not take the first step to create the career you really want?
Based in the Brisbane CBD at 1/150 Adelaide Street, we have a team of specialist consultants who can assist you to a new phase of your career. They provide counselling and career coaching services via phone and online, or in person at various locations including Brisbane CBD, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
How we can help
We offer a range of flexible services to support you to achieve your goals. This could include help to:
- Identify your motivators, values, skills and strengths.
- Plan and execute a career change.
- Develop a strong personal brand demonstrated through your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile.
- Network and find ‘hidden’ employment opportunities with new professional relationships.
- Succeed at interviews.
- Build confidence to negotiate a salary increase or gain promotion.
- Manage a variety of workplace scenarios.
- Set up your own business or become a consultant.
Before starting your program, your career counseller will discuss with you what your goals are and what you are hoping to achieve from coaching.
Whether you are looking to change careers or are just interested to know which jobs suit you best, our QLD career advisors can help! They will start by identifying your goals for the session and the outcomes you are looking to achieve. They will then prepare a customised session for you, tailored to suit your individual needs.
Please note: We also provide career counselling services in other locations across Australia.
Career coaching programs
A 1-hour intensive session which is ideal if you are looking to make a change but don’t know where to start. In this counselling session, we will work with you to identify your options and pathways that best suit your personal and professional goals.
A personalised package of counselling sessions to explore employment options and work performance, what motivates you and what is important for you. Select from topics such as role options, strategic job search and personal marketing advice such as resume development and interview preparation.
An in-depth coaching and assessment program tailored to your needs. You will undertake a comprehensive assessment of interests, personality, values, drivers, skills, training, occupations and more. Your career coach will work with you to determine and implement a practical action plan.
Read more about our career coaching programs.
Job search programs
Glide Outplacement’s career coaches can provide proven and cost-effective job search advice to help you secure your next role.
Job Search KickStart
Ideally suited to people finding it difficult to secure a position, one-to-one job search coaching shows you how to get your ideal role, even in a competitive market. Receive useful feedback on your resume, cover letter, application forms and selection criteria.
Strategic Job Searching
A customised one-to-one coaching program to increase your odds of securing employment in the shortest possible timeframe. Your career counsellor will provide a range of strategic approaches to secure your ideal role.
Job Interview Coaching
If you want to stand out from the competition, our job interview coaching can provide you with skills and techniques to impress interviewers and get you noticed.
Read more about the types of job search support our Brisbane career counselling service provides.