Our client company operates in the resources sector. Following a restructure, it was closing one of its regional functions and consolidating operations in Sydney. This led to a significant number of redundancies.
The company requested Glide Outplacement provide tailored outplacement services to support their employees’ career transition.
- Develop a strategic redundancy program.
- Deliver an outplacement program suitable for employees at various levels, from administrative staff to senior managers.
- Advise on communication relating to the redundancies and the program.
Key outplacement services
- One to one career transition coaching incorporating in-depth career assessment and guidance.
- Group workshops focusing on:
- Resume development
- Job search strategies
- Job search tools
- Interview techniques.
Employees attended the program for between four and 12 weeks, depending on their level of seniority. Each one to one career coaching session was approximately one hour.
The group workshops catered for a maximum of 10 participants. Some employees chose to attend all the workshops, others just one or two according to their level of confidence in their job search skills.
- 75% of employees had secured alternative roles within three months of commencing the outplacement program.
- 4% had decided to take time off/go travelling.
- 2% were entering full-time study.
- Remaining individuals were undecided or had not secured a desired position.
The program provided valuable and supportive career transition services for the employees. This enabled them to leave the business with a more positive outlook than they otherwise would have. It also helped them secure new employment. Many could appreciate the time, effort and money the company had put into the support provided, as shown through feedback sheets and unsolicited comments to the management team.
Contact Glide Outplacement for more information about this outplacement case study, or to find out about our tailored career transition coaching for employees.