An outplacement course formed from 20 years’ experience
Careers in Motion is a practical and flexible outplacement course that helps people find new roles more quickly and easily.
It forms the structure of our outplacement services for employees whose roles have been made redundant.
Together with the skills and knowledge of our consultants, it provides a range of practical tools and a wealth of advice about the job search process.
Outplacement course outline
Move forward after redundancy
Addressing the questions ‘Who am I?’ and ‘What can I do?’ provides a solid basis on which to develop a job search campaign. The answers to these questions guide career transition and assist with planning and preparation.
This review and move forward module ensures participants:
- Maintain morale and productivity.
- Minimise potential negative consequences.
- Succeed in job and career change with minimum disruption to their life.
Clarify personal values and identify key skills
While self-promotion is generally uncomfortable, if you don’t know and believe in yourself how can you expect others to?
In job search, the realities are job seekers must promote the ‘Product’ (you) and therefore know what they have to offer. This involves developing an appreciation of personal and professional value to a prospective employer.
This part of the outplacement course provides opportunity to identify skills, values, achievements and interests.
Project strengths in the job market
This module assists participants to develop the ‘tools’ and skills they need to effectively interface with the job market.
It gives advice on:
- Developing an effective marketing tool for use in the job search process (eg a resume).
- Ensuring you have a full understanding of job requirements.
- Constructing covering letters for maximum impact.
- Preparing effective applications for employment in the private and public sector.
- Improving your chances of being selected for interview.
- Managing referees and references including a ‘leaving story’.
Develop a job search strategy
Develop job search techniques through training in topics such as accessing the ‘hidden job market’, contacting recruitment consultants, networking and research.
Participants find out how to:
- Develop a structured approach to job searches
- Gain confidence in cold calling and using personal networks
- Develop self-promotion skills
- Identify prospective job avenues
- Secure face-to-face interviews.
Succeed at job interviews
The final module of our outplacement course gives instruction and advice on job interview techniques and salary negotiations. It covers the purpose of the interview, details the different interview formats and covers preparation before and during the interview. We also provide tips on determining the best opportunity to accept.
It will help your employees:
- Develop an appreciation of interview dynamics.
- Create possible responses to interview questions.
- Manage salary negotiations.
Outplacement course manual
The Careers in Motion course manual, provided to people on an outplacement program, is packed with useful tools and insights. It contains extensive notes on resume preparation, and as well as interview questions, salary negotiation tactics and psychometric profiling tools.
The whole Glide Outplacement Team were supportive and provided great resources and advice that helped me quickly recover from a sudden COVID19 redundancy. They helped my mental focus, my resume, my interview prep as well as my general well being while going through a stressful transition. The tailored advice and one-on-one consults were effective and I found a new role quicker than I had expected! Thanks again team!
Carolyn Arnett, Sydney
Glide’s professional and individualised approach ensured that I was confident and relaxed during daunting interview processes. Simon was supportive and fun in his guidance, and despite my obscure expertise, extremely adaptable in his technical knowledge. It is an amazing experience to be offered several roles and to be able to pick what suits me best!
Brionny Hooper, Brisbane
Find out more about our outplacement course
Call 1300 911 131 or message us for a no obligation, free discussion about your outplacement requirements.