The job interview skills workshop is designed to equip your employees with the skills and tools they need to be successful in interviews following redundancy. Participants learn how to present themselves effectively and develop strategies to help secure their ideal role. This group outplacement workshop is suitable for five or more employees.
Job interview skills workshop format
During the workshop, Glide Outplacement’s trained facilitators cover the following interview skills:
Preparation and research
- How to sell yourself successfully: conduct a personal SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
- Identifying key characteristics of the ideal candidate.
- Finding out information to make you stand out compared to other candidates.
- Techniques to aid relaxation and reduce stress.
- Positive visualisation exercise to build confidence.
- Tips on making nervous energy work for you.
- How to cope with ‘mental blanks’.
Making a memorable impression
- Using your voice more effectively to achieve clarity.
- Body language to create a strong first impression.
- How eye contact can build rapport with interviewers.
- Examining the different types of interviews and scoring systems.
- Traps and mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Short individual interview simulations.
- Self-analysis of interview performance.
- Review of strengths and areas for development.
Question and answer development
- The difference between motivational and behavioural questions.
- How to tackle the ‘tell me about yourself’ question.
- Developing effective responses.
- What is the STAR format and how to use it to structure answers.
- How to answer difficult questions.
- Creating a personal Question & Answer bank.
- Interviewing the interviewer – what to ask them.
Duration: Half day
The job interview skills workshop workshop can be conducted on-site or at an external venue.
We conduct group outplacement workshops in city and regional locations across Australia, including Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Canberra and Adelaide.
Depending on your requirements, we offer workshops as standalone assistance or as part of individual or group outplacement services.
To obtain a job interview skills workshop quote, please contact us.