In this group outplacement workshop, participants learn how to present themselves effectively to employers and recruiters using job search marketing tools such as resumes and cover letters. They will discover how to identify and evaluate their skills and achievements and use this information effectively to write an interview-winning CV.
Before attending the writing resumes workshop, attendees receive a pre-work pack. This includes an exercise where participants map out their career history for use during the workshop. They will be encouraged to bring any applicable job advertisements and questions they want to ask.
This is a practical workshop where participants work in small groups. Glide Outplacement’s trained facilitators will cover:
- What is personal branding and how it can help you secure a new job
- How to articulate your personal value to the potential employers
- Job search marketing tools: what do you need?
- What is the real purpose of a resume
- How to complement your resume with a targeted cover letter.
- What are the latest trends in contemporary resume design?
- Exploring what formats best suit your career history
- Learn about the tricks of the resume writing trade.
- Career history
- Identifying relevant and transferable skills
- Quantifying and qualifying achievements to add relevance to a resume.
- What do employers and recruiters look for in a resume?
- How to get your resume past a computer (applicant tracking systems and other types of recruiter software)
- Understanding and using keywords in your resume
- Writing a standout opening summary
- What not to include
- Formatting and design tips.
- Looking at sample before and after resumes.
After the workshop participants will complete their resume and send it to Glide Outplacement. Participants will be provided with guidance and practical advice on improvements so they can develop them further. Please note, facilitators will not rewrite or amend resumes.
Duration: Half day (this can be adjusted to suit your requirements).
The resume writing workshop can be conducted on-site or at an external venue. We conduct group outplacement workshops in city and regional locations across Australia.
To obtain a workshop quote, please contact us.