Glide Outplacement’s career coaching programs provide proven and cost-effective employment advice and development guidance. They are ideal whether you’re choosing your first job, looking for a career change or want to explore your training options.
We work with students and graduates, job seekers, people returning to work, executives and outplacement clients.
Programs can be provided online, by phone or in person.*
1 hr session
- Feedback on your current work situation and how to make changes.
- Help to decide on training options.
- Discuss a range of possible pathways to achieve your goals.
2 x 1 hr sessions
30 days email follow-up
- Are unsure which direction to take with your job and how to make a change.
- Want to evaluate your options and look at training for future planning.
- Are keen to optimise your performance at work.
After discussing your employment history, education, achievements and challenges with your career coach, you will go on to discover what interests and motivates you, and what things are important to you and what things are not.
Specific assistance will depend on what you want and need. Typically it will cover topics such as career options, strategic job search and personal marketing advice such as resume development and interview preparation. At the end of the process you will learn more about yourself, what motivates you and what is important for you.
5 x 1 hr sessions
60 days email follow-up
- Exploring employment options and discovering the occupation that best suits you.
- Identifying transferable skills or training needs to address skills gaps.
- Taking steps towards a complete career transformation.
Discover what, when and how to take your chosen career in the direction you desire.
After an initial discussion with a career coach, you will complete a questionnaire to provide insight for making decisions. You will then undertake a comprehensive assessment of interests, personality, values, drivers, skills, training, occupations and more. Your career coach will work with you to determine and implement a practical action plan.
Job Searching Boost
1 hr session
Our one-to-one job search coaching will show you how to get your ideal role, even in a competitive market. Your consultant will show you how to:
- Build an online profile and use social media as part of your job search.
- Identify both advertised and unadvertised opportunities.
- Market yourself effectively in job interviews.
- Use the latest tools and techniques.
Strategic Job Searching
- Learn how to conduct an effective job search campaign.
- Develop a customised strategy and action plan to secure your next role.
- Discover how to build an online profile and use social media to identify opportunities.
- Create an effective resume and cover letter tailored to your target role.
- Receive useful feedback on application forms and selection criteria.
- Find out about the hidden job market and how you can access it.
- Learn networking strategies to leverage your options.
- Research and connect with recruiters specialising in your field.
- Learn how to market yourself effectively in job interviews.
Job Interview Coaching
Do you have an upcoming interview? We can help you to be better prepared, improve your confidence and overcome nerves.
If you want to stand out from the competition, our job interview coaching can provide you with skills and techniques to impress interviewers and get you noticed.
Our interview coaches have extensive experience of recruiting and hiring for a range of industries and professions. They have up-to-date knowledge of the latest employment trends and recruitment practices, such as behavioural-based interviewing techniques.
We provide customised training that can help you to:
- Prepare for interviews and make a great first impression.
- Overcome nerves and build your confidence.
- Connect with the interviewer and sell yourself effectively.
- Answer common interview questions, including behavioural-based questions.
- Negotiate a salary package.
During your training session, your interview coach will conduct a practice interview – with questions tailored to the job you are applying for – and provide you with feedback and areas for improvement.
We have a team of expert coaches with in-depth knowledge of a wide range of occupations and extensive experience across a variety of industries. They will provide you with independent advice on your employment options, including training and course options.
These programs comply with the Australian Government’s Australian Blueprint for Career Development career management competency guidelines.
Get started today
We provide coaching throughout Australia. To book one of our programs or find out more, please complete our online enquiry form.
Before your program commences, your consultant will ask you to send your resume, LinkedIn profile (if you have one) and examples of positions you have applied for or wish to apply for (if applicable).